AMD has recently launched its most power-efficient & affordable workstation graphics cards to date, featuring the company’s advanced Polaris architecture. The new AMD Radeon Pro WX Range consists of 3 graphics cards the Pro WX 4100, WX 5100 and WX 7100.
These latest graphics cards are the most advanced, VR-ready, energy-efficient professional workstation graphics solutions AMD have ever produces. According to a recent press release (organized by AMD), these AMD Radeon Pro WX Range graphics cards will certainly provide an improved performance and more efficiency for CAD (computer aided design) tasks.
A strong emphasise has also been put on the our AMD Radeon Pro WX7100’s support for Virtual Reality (VR), the incredible technology which is slowly emerging into the Design & Manufacturing and Entertainment & Media workflows. The new Polaris based GPU’s also offer support for 5K-resolution HDR (high dynamic range) monitors via DisplayPort 1.4 connector, AMD’s TrueAudio Next VR-oriented sound processing system, and HEVC encoding & decoding (High-Efficiency Video Codec).
According to AMD’s spokesperson, Ogi Brkic – “this Radeon Pro WX Range graphics cards brings a powerful and revolutionary shift towards the holistic approach of design & content creation.” These cards are designed to empower the creators to prepare exceptional contents by intersecting inflection points with full creative autonomy. Obviously, this incredible opportunity will allow the users to easily create “next generation contents avoiding the pitfalls of general constraints just by using proprietary tools”.
These graphics cards are taking the Polaris 10 & Polaris 11 based architecture and the company is tailoring this technology towards the workstation market. Also note, the AMD Radeon Pro WX Range graphics cards are the continuation of company’s existing FirePro W series. Let’s now take a close look at the individual graphics cards and their key features.
AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 Series:
This series is featured to be the world’s fastest and most powerful graphics cards for single-slot workstation. This graphics card is capable of handling both the design engineering and entertainment & media workflows. AMD are touting the our WX 7100 as the ultimate workstation solution for professional VR content creation. These cards are now available in our VR ready solutions.
Powered by Polaris 10 GPU, this card comes with a superior configuration that includes 2304 stream processors, 32 ROPs, 8GB ultra-fast GDDR5 memory, and 128 TMUs. With these specifications – this series easily provides the much-needed performance that is paramount for today’s workloads. Apart from that, the user can now enjoy a truly immersive and ultra-high resolution visual experience with Radeon Pro WX 7100 series, 4K displays, and AMD’s LiquidVR Technology. Also note, LiquidVR Technology is designed to promote design realism and it maintains an ultra-immersive VR presence.
The card also comes with incredibly higher clock speeds (more than 5 TFLOPs) for better computing performance. Its built-in fourth-generation of GCN GPU architecture (Graphics Core Next) can perform arithmetic instructions and graphic operations in parallel. Plus, it even supports 10 bits colour for more detailed and utmost colour precision.
Top 5 Key Features:
- AMD LiquidVR Technology : Enables you to enjoy liquid-smooth visual effects& ultra-high frame rates featuring “Virtual Reality”.
- Display Support : It can drive up to 2 separate 5K dual-cable displays.
- Multi-GPU Support : You can combine up to 4 WX 7100 graphics cards into a single desktop and further leverage a great processing power for your personal supercomputing.
- Ultra-Fast Memory: Provides users great speed & responsiveness.
- Energy Efficient: Featuring unique power monitoring & management technologies, this series has a power consumption of only 130 watts.
AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100 Series:
Game engines, for example, Unity and Unreal have become an integral part of today’s immersive computing era. Plus, these game engines have successfully integrated themselves with traditional CAD applications, such as Autodesk, SOLIDWORKS, and Siemens PLM. And, this graphics card series is specifically designed for the ultimate game-engine revolution.
Featuring the latest Polaris GPU architecture, 1792 stream processors, and 8GB GDDR5 of GPU memory – this graphics card delivers an impeccable power and great features in order to unleash your own creativity. Performance wise, this series is much superior to its closest rival (it is claimed by AMD to deliver around 41% more performance than NVIDIA Quadro M2000).
Other than that, in order to enhance your visual experience, connect this graphics card to any 5K display and enjoy enhanced levels of detailing and colour precision.
This card has lower clock speeds (than the WX 7100 series) however, it doesn’t require any additional or external power connector to boot. Also note, its 8GB GDDR5 of GPU memory and 256-bit memory interface – provide you a plenty of bandwidth for most workflows! So you can comfortably load massive assemblies & data sets and then manipulate them on the fly.
Top 3 Key Features:
- 1. Performance: Featuring up to 3.9 TFLOPs, this graphics card speeds up the time required to perform any single precision operation, such as Video Effects & Rendering, Transcoding, Signal Processing, and other Digital Rendering applications.
- 2. DirectGMA & SDI Support: This graphics card also efficiently optimizes the communication between GPUs and other third party devices by removing CPU bandwidth & latency bottlenecks. Thus, it reduces CPU utilization and fosters high throughput.
- 3. Energy Efficient: It features a power consumption of around 75 Watt TDP. Also, its built-in PowerTune technology dynamically improves GPU power usage & also significantly reduces the overall power consumption (during idle state).
AMD Radeon Pro WX 4100 Series:
This series provides great performance for mid-range applications as demanded by CAD professionals. Considering the ever-increasing demands of the CAD professionals, designers, and creators – this series is mostly suitable for flexible, sleek, and small form-factor workstations.
Being the world’s fastest low-profile workstation graphics cards – this series delivers around 2.4 TFLOPS of computing performance that easily speeds up the time required to perform single precision operations. This card features 1024 stream processors. But, it doesn’t come with any external power connectors and relies completely on the PCI slot for its energy needs.
Other than that, it features 4GB GDDR5 memory and a 128-bit of memory interface. Now, take a look at its key features.
Top 3 Key Features:
- 1. 4K/5K Display Support: To present decent visual effects – this graphics card can drive both 5K and 4K displays.
- 2. 10-Bit Colour: The entire AMD Radeon Pro WX series provides the support for the 10-bits colour. And, this Radeon Pro WX 4100 series is not an exception! You can easily perform colour-critical tasks using its 10-bit colour.
- 3. Energy Efficient: It features a power consumption of around 50 watts.
AMD Radeon Pro WX Range graphics cards brings revolutionary solutions to VR content creation, high-resolution rendering, computational engineering, oil & gas exploration, and medical imaging & life sciences. Featuring finer granularity & premium resolutions – these graphics cards will bring advancements to graphical & 3D design based applications.